Monday, December 31, 2007

My Year In Concert Photography: Gogol Bordello

Gogol Bordello 30

I photographed Gogol Bordello on Halloween of 2007 at Liberty Hall in Lawrence KS. I hadn't had the chance to catch them live when they came though the previous year, so I didn't know what to expect. I heard the famous gypsy punks put on a great stage show so I was eager to see them. I would say probably half the audience was dressed up in costumes of some form which helped with the party atmosphere. They had a barrier up which was cool because I was the only photographer that was shooting that night besides someone for the band using a video camera. On a side note I will say that Liberty Hall's security guys were the nicest of the year by far. There were a lot of people crowd surfing and flying over my head, I only got my glasses knocked off twice! Not bad. Eugene Hutz of Gogol Bordello puts on an amazing show along with the rest of his group. They were all over the stage singing and dancing and provided me with a great opportunity for shots. Afterwards I went to the after-party at The Bottleneck and spoke to Eugene for a few minutes and snapped a couple of photos. Read more about the concert in a review from The Pitch Weekly.

Gogol Bordello Review

Gogol Bordello 22
Front Row
Gogol Bordello 18
Gogol Bordello 21
Gogol Bordello 20
Gogol Bordello 19
Gogol Bordello 10

Here is a clip from the movie "Everything Is Illuminated" in which Eugene Hutz starred. If you haven't seen it yet, go rent it! One of my favorite movies.



Full Gogol Bordello Set Of Photos

Gogol Bordello-Alcohol

No comments: