Sunday, December 16, 2007

My Year In Concert Photography: Arctic Monkeys

Arctic Monkeys 5

My first in a series of posts of groups I have photographed this year. First up is, Arctic Monkeys. They played on September 13th 2007 at the Uptown Theater, their first trip to Kansas City. I had seen them twice previously on the first American tour, in Chicago at Metro and in Austin at Stubbs. I got to the venue a few hours early to get in line in case my photo pass was not there. I checked at the box office...and of course they didn't have it. A really nice guy from the label finally came out and took me inside to look for the tour manager. While he went backstage he left me on the corner of the stage while Arctic Monkeys were doing soundcheck. It was strange because I was standing there for ten minutes and there was no one else in sight except me and Arctic Monkeys...I was staring at them and all four of them were staring back at me. So after Voxtrot opened up I went to the side of the stage to get ready for my three songs in front of the barrier. The light was pretty low and I had less than ten minutes to shoot but I think I got a few good ones. Once I packed my camera up I got my place back in the front row and watched the rest of a great concert. It seems they have become an even tighter band live and put on a show where everyone around me were singing every single lyric along with the band.

Arctic Monkeys 36
Jamie Cook
Arctic Monkeys 1
Arctic Monkeys 13

Video for "Fluorescent Adolescent"-----clowns! scary! run!


This House Is A Circus (Live 4.13.07 Astoria)

No comments: