Saturday, January 3, 2009

Billy Bob Thornton and The Boxmasters

Billy Bob Thornton and The Boxmasters #1

Billy Bob Thornton and The Boxmasters opened up for Willie Nelson this past November at The Midland Theatre playing songs from their recent album. Billy Bob who is one of my favorite actors put on a great show and had people laughing in the crowd. One woman wanted a shirt signed but was afraid to toss it to him on the stage, he said "Lady go ahead a throw it, I've had all sorts of shit thrown at me over the years". After the show I met his manager and she took me back for a meet and greet. I was stunned to see how thin and younger he looked up close. I asked if he ever ate and he told me he was allergic to wheat and dairy and it was hard for him to find decent food on the road. I needed a spot to take the photo above and he said lets go in the bathroom, is that ok? While smoking the whole time, on stage and in the hallway and bathroom. He squatted down and said "Can you put a picture of a toilet in the newspaper?" I said, I don't see why not...I just thought that was funny of him. He was quite entertaining.

Billy Bob Thornton and The Boxmasters #2

Billy Bob Thornton and The Boxmasters #3

Billy Bob Thornton and The Boxmasters #4

Billy Bob Thornton and The Boxmasters #12

Billy Bob Thornton and The Boxmasters #7

No comments: