Thursday, January 3, 2008

Artists I Love: Tom Waits


If I was marooned on a desert island and could only pick one musicians full discography to have with me...it would be Tom Waits. No matter what my mood I can listen to him. Once I start I usually keep going for a few days. It would be hard to pick a favorite album of his, but If I had to recommend just one to someone that hadn't heard of him, I would select "Rain Dogs". The middle album of a trilogy. It has a little of everything that makes him a great storyteller and singer. I have been lucky enough to see him live on three different occasions, and it was incredible to say the least, each time I was within ten rows of the stage and saw the great man up close. I've included some videos showing how damn funny he is and a hard to find live version of "Empty Pockets/Broken Bicycles".

Learn more about Tom Waits - Tom Waits on Wikipedia

Hang on St.Christopher

Fernwood Tonight

Hold On


Tom Waits - "Empty Pockets/Broken Bicycles (live) mp3

No comments: